Friday, November 19, 2010

Medical BOMB

If you or have family that have been to hospital to seek treatment, you will know the cost of treatment is anything but CHEAP.

Recently due to my wife's fractured ankle, we have been to medical center a few times. Fractured ankle is not a critical matter medically but the bill has been "High" nonetheless. I confess that I am grateful that we are medically insured else I will be crying....








So what is the meaning of "insured"? To me it basically means transfering my financial risk to a 3rd party. To most people, insurance is an expense that is unnecessary. I cannot understand how people can be so foolish. Do they not realize that if this is an "expense", this will be the only expense that will pay for all the other Expenses?





I have lost count of the number of people who came to me to seek help on their insurance. Because they had no proper & adequate contingency financial plan, some have had to:
  • Opt for cheaper treatment though it is not the proper treatment
  • Spouse returning to workforce to finance family needs
  • Selling assets, i.e. house, car
  • etc.
As I pay the bills, I cannot help but think of the poor folks that isn't financially prepared for this. They may be literally poor or mentally poor (due to their choice in assuming nothing bad will ever happen to them).

Remember this folks. Not being prepared is like jumping out of a plane without a parachute or a working parachute. Rest assured you will never need it again!

Make the wise decision. The impact & consequences is limited not only to you but your loved ones too.

No comments: